Skip to main content

Radical Islam and Religious Infancy

The murders of the shootings in Paris yesterday and the atrocities committed daily by ISIS (or whatever they’re called now) and Al-Qaeda are showing that in a large part of the modern world, Islam is still in its infancy. This was the case for Christianity hundreds of years ago with such things as the Spanish Inquisition; but Christianity has matured and at least a significant portion of Islam has not. In fact, with the beheadings, slavery, torture and murder, it is every bit as backward as it was when it was first invented.

So now we live in a world where a certain group of people who have a warped and unrefined mode of thinking, have grabbed a religious notion and attached their own brand of 2000 year old values to it—which includes massive inhumanities inflicted on all who do not prescribe to this outdated religious doctrine. Combine this with the fact that even supposedly modern and mature westerners seem to revel in primitive contests of fighting and brutality. Perhaps humanity as a whole could use some maturity.

When I was a young child, I remember getting into a fight with another boy. He had called my mom something bad. Of course, my mom was concerned that I had gotten into a fight and so I told her that I hit the kid because he had called her something bad! She responded by saying, “why would I care what that kid called me?” Indeed, this was a mature outlook but even at that young age, I could see the logic in the argument. The people who embrace radical Islam are extremely dangerous; because they are behaving without the restraint of adults, while using lethal actions. The sooner the people of the world unite and destroy this infection, the better. When one cannot tolerate a political cartoon and kills multiple people over it, that is not a realistic or mature reaction—and it should not be tolerated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hormel is Dumb: No More Little Sizzlers

We appreciate your interest in LITTLE SIZZLERS® Sausage. Unfortunately, this item has been discontinued. We value our loyal consumers and apologize for any disappointment our decision has caused. Please visit www.hormel.com for coupons, promotions and recipes using many of our other products.

SPRUCE Project

We were lucky enough to be given a tour of the SPRUCE Project in the Chippewa National Forest, North of Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Our tour guide was W. Robert Nettles IV, SPRUCE Project Operations Manager at Oak Ridge National Laboratory . I went into the site fueled primarily by my lifetime of interest in the natural environment; as well as my interest from volunteering as a park ranger in the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge. However, by the time I was done, my interest in technology, from over 10 years as an IT professional, was thoroughly peaked! Definitely off the "beaten path," in a spruce bog in Northern Minnesota, this site boasts an incredible array of scientific equipment that is supported by an amazing technological infrastructure! There are control sites and some of the chambers have added heat, carbon dioxide, or both. A lot of equipment and experimental testing goes on 24/7, 365 days per year. These guys know their stuff. The 10 chambers are connected ...

Measles Outbreak?

The people dying from measles are unvaccinated. This is preventable. Those who are pushing misinformation are participating in the cause of these deaths.