Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Rewards Card...

I don't think much of 'rewards cards.' First of all, do I really want to have a roll-o-dex in my car to hold all of the rewards cards for each individual store/restaurant/business? Second, I had a rewards card for SuperAmerica, and then they changed it--so my 'rewards' disappeared and I would need to apply for a new card--if I wanted one. I also had an Ace Hardware card that one day, seemed not to recognize anything when they scanned it. Maybe I had 'rewards' and they disappeared! So let's talk about 'rewards.' What are they? Well, they are something like this. If you buy a (4 cent--including the cup) soda fountain drink for $1.99, you get 10 cents off! Wow! That is a great deal... for the store...

Rainbow foods used to charge three prices (actually I think more) depending on if you had a coupon and a rewards card. It got too confusing and I stopped shopping there. Only recently have I started going there again as I make Cub, Rainbow and Aldi 'compete' for my business. Rainbow still has a rewards card but I don’t have one.

If two stores had something I wanted at the same price, I would get it at the one that didn't have a rewards card every time. In fact, I no longer waste time with these cards. If you want my business, just give me the good price!

No comments: