Skip to main content

Why ACE is No Longer the Place

My wife and I just bought a house. We are trying to be careful with purchases because of this expense. Yet we wanted to paint and we priced paint at Frattallone’s ACE Hardware. Benjamin Moore paint was roughly $24-35 per gallon. We picked colors over the phone (during my lunch break) since I was working--me at the Arden Hills Store and her at Woodbury. She bought 2 gallons and was shocked that the price was over $100. I used the paint last night and it seemed like average paint to me. I found out about the price today and was not happy! I think the salesperson took advantage of my wife. Someone at the Woodbury store sold her $50 per gallon paint and she didn't think she could question it after it was mixed. Well guess what, I'm pretty mad and we will buy our paint and supplies at Home Depot or Menards from now on. --KJC

Update: I had originally delayed (by several days) posting this after Mike called from Frattallone’s ACE Hardware. I've been waiting for a week now, for the "gift card" Mike was sending me to make things right. If I get it, I'll update or remove this entry. 8/9/12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hormel is Dumb: No More Little Sizzlers

We appreciate your interest in LITTLE SIZZLERS® Sausage. Unfortunately, this item has been discontinued. We value our loyal consumers and apologize for any disappointment our decision has caused. Please visit www.hormel.com for coupons, promotions and recipes using many of our other products.

SPRUCE Project

We were lucky enough to be given a tour of the SPRUCE Project in the Chippewa National Forest, North of Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Our tour guide was W. Robert Nettles IV, SPRUCE Project Operations Manager at Oak Ridge National Laboratory . I went into the site fueled primarily by my lifetime of interest in the natural environment; as well as my interest from volunteering as a park ranger in the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge. However, by the time I was done, my interest in technology, from over 10 years as an IT professional, was thoroughly peaked! Definitely off the "beaten path," in a spruce bog in Northern Minnesota, this site boasts an incredible array of scientific equipment that is supported by an amazing technological infrastructure! There are control sites and some of the chambers have added heat, carbon dioxide, or both. A lot of equipment and experimental testing goes on 24/7, 365 days per year. These guys know their stuff. The 10 chambers are connected ...

Measles Outbreak?

The people dying from measles are unvaccinated. This is preventable. Those who are pushing misinformation are participating in the cause of these deaths.