Skip to main content

Cholesterol

Last February I had a physical exam and while I was deemed healthy, the one concern was that my cholesterol was too high. My doctor thought I should go on a low dose of statin, because I was "already in good shape, and probably couldn't do much to change it."

Now, five months later I have been checked again and fall well into the "normal" categories. My doctor assumed it was the medication, but I haven't taken any! I used diet, exercise, lost a few pounds and take one fish oil pill each day.

Incidentally, my brother Jim (the mechanic) told me about fish oil. So why didn't my doctor tell me? Maybe the reason people take too much medication is because the doctors want to prescribe it. Obviously I didn't need medicine. I had never really "watched" my diet before. Now I do...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hormel is Dumb: No More Little Sizzlers

We appreciate your interest in LITTLE SIZZLERS® Sausage. Unfortunately, this item has been discontinued. We value our loyal consumers and apologize for any disappointment our decision has caused. Please visit www.hormel.com for coupons, promotions and recipes using many of our other products.

SPRUCE Project

We were lucky enough to be given a tour of the SPRUCE Project in the Chippewa National Forest, North of Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Our tour guide was W. Robert Nettles IV, SPRUCE Project Operations Manager at Oak Ridge National Laboratory . I went into the site fueled primarily by my lifetime of interest in the natural environment; as well as my interest from volunteering as a park ranger in the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge. However, by the time I was done, my interest in technology, from over 10 years as an IT professional, was thoroughly peaked! Definitely off the "beaten path," in a spruce bog in Northern Minnesota, this site boasts an incredible array of scientific equipment that is supported by an amazing technological infrastructure! There are control sites and some of the chambers have added heat, carbon dioxide, or both. A lot of equipment and experimental testing goes on 24/7, 365 days per year. These guys know their stuff. The 10 chambers are connected ...

Measles Outbreak?

The people dying from measles are unvaccinated. This is preventable. Those who are pushing misinformation are participating in the cause of these deaths.