Skip to main content

Fun with the New Car

I’m off from my tech job with the school (for most of the summer), but I still work part-time doing government television. Last night before the meeting I was televising started, I noticed a group of people in the parking lot, all wearing the same uniforms. They were clustered around my new Ford Fusion that I just got license plates for that same day! Furthermore, some of them were leaning against my new car!

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my key with the buttons on it and pointed it toward the glass door (I was inside city hall) and pushed the “panic button!” The car began honking its horn and the lights were flashing. The group of people (I found out they were ambulance drivers) began to walk away from my car, and I pushed the button again to stop the alarm. Man that was fun!

Comments

LOL-maybe you can call it "kit" from now on...hehe.

Popular posts from this blog

Hormel is Dumb: No More Little Sizzlers

We appreciate your interest in LITTLE SIZZLERS® Sausage. Unfortunately, this item has been discontinued. We value our loyal consumers and apologize for any disappointment our decision has caused. Please visit www.hormel.com for coupons, promotions and recipes using many of our other products.

SPRUCE Project

We were lucky enough to be given a tour of the SPRUCE Project in the Chippewa National Forest, North of Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Our tour guide was W. Robert Nettles IV, SPRUCE Project Operations Manager at Oak Ridge National Laboratory . I went into the site fueled primarily by my lifetime of interest in the natural environment; as well as my interest from volunteering as a park ranger in the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge. However, by the time I was done, my interest in technology, from over 10 years as an IT professional, was thoroughly peaked! Definitely off the "beaten path," in a spruce bog in Northern Minnesota, this site boasts an incredible array of scientific equipment that is supported by an amazing technological infrastructure! There are control sites and some of the chambers have added heat, carbon dioxide, or both. A lot of equipment and experimental testing goes on 24/7, 365 days per year. These guys know their stuff. The 10 chambers are connected ...

Measles Outbreak?

The people dying from measles are unvaccinated. This is preventable. Those who are pushing misinformation are participating in the cause of these deaths.