Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sears... Your System Sucks...

I was trying to get an ice/water filter for the Kenmore refrigerator in my new house. I found on my own, online, that the part I need is discontinued and I found the replacement part number. So twice when I called the local Sears store that had the part, I was transferred to someone in some other geographical location (like California, China or maybe Nairobi). These people told me that the part was where I wanted to pick it up, because like me they went online to find it. I however, wanted to talk to a person at the store who could verify and put one aside for me before I made the trip in.

The second time I got transferred, I explained to the foreign sounding speaker that I needed to talk to someone at the local store in my own state. She insisted that she could help and asked what I needed. I responded that, ”I need you to go out into the store and find this filter and set it aside for me and I will come and pick it up.” She responded, “Sir, I already explained to you that I am not in that store.” My response came swiftly as I said, ”Exactly. I need to talk to someone in that store.” Finally, after traveling by phone all over the globe I finally got a person who was standing in the store that I originally called. Furthermore, Andy was able to find the filter I needed and have one for me when I got to the store. So why was it that when I called the local store to get the item I already researched and found, that I was connected to a computer that transferred me to India?

Sears… your system sucks…

No comments: