Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Rainbow... More Bait & Switch?

This is my second complaint to Rainbow Foods this month. I removed the blog entry for the first--after they made an effort to "make it right." I've received no reply from this latest email and will update if/when I do.

Hi Joe,

So do you really want to know what happened on my next trip to Rainbow? You should put me on the payroll as a consultant. Rainbow could take the lead if they could get their you-know-what together...

First, I checked the ad as I always do. $4.99 for Spanish Clementines! I'm all over that. Only when I got to the store, it was 'Cuties' from California! Huh, I thought, more bait & switch??? I'm not sure if you know, but California Clementines are not nearly as good as the ones from Spain! Instantly I'm disappointed again!

The service desk didn't know anything about it. She wanted to send me back to find a produce worker. She finally called someone back there who said "they sent us the wrong thing." So maybe this is a corporate problem and not the store. Just like last time when the "wrong labels" were used on the chicken legs telling me I couldn't get the sale price without a rewards card.

OK so I'm there and I have this $10 gift card from my previously disappointing visit--though I have this urge to go across the street to Cub. The ad also showed Grape Nuts cereal and Fritos on sale! However, I was unable to locate either of these items in the isles where the cereal and chips were located. Where was the sale stuff?

I'm still not that impressed Joe. A few of those sale items in the ad were able to get me into the store, but what is the point if I can't trust the ad?

Sincerely,
Kevin

No comments: