Wednesday, August 19, 2009

To Favre or Not to Favre...

To Favre or Not to Favre? That is the question. Former Green Bay Packer quarterback, Brett Favre retired. Then he unretired. Then he played for the New York Jets. Then he retired again. Then he was coming to the Minnesota Vikings. Then he wasn't. Then he was. Then he wasn't. Then he was. Then he wasn't. Then he was. Then he wasn't. Then he was. Then he wasn't. Then he was. Then he wasn't. Now apparently he did. Too bad for Vikings quarterbacks Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels. The winners here are the owners of the team. Vikings ticket sales have spiked since Favre arrived. Personally, I might upchuck when I see him in purple.

The Vikings have tried recycled quarterbacks before, such as Jim McMahon and Warren Moon. Now they cling to the hope that a probably "washed-up" Brett Favre will be the ticket to a Superbowl victory.

I hope so, but I've had my hopes dashed by this team for... forever...

No comments: