Skip to main content

411 Fish Story

My friend Mike loaned me his boat yesterday. Yeah he, just told me to go have fun. My wife and son went too. The boat has this depth meter/fish finder thing. I thought it was almost like cheating! I anchored in 20' of water where I saw a parade of fish on the meter swimming by. It was 90 degrees Fahrenheit, and we were fishing deep; as most of the fish were about 16 feet down. Not much was biting except for some flies biting my ankles. I hate that! But halfway through the two hour tour, something tugged my line. I set the hook and the fight began! Luckily I had the drag set just right, because periodically this fish just took off and line bailed down deep! It was only a couple of minutes if that, and now it felt like I'd hooked a sunken truck. Then, all at once, it pulled hard and then I felt slack. Whatever giant sea monster I had hooked down in that suburban St. Paul lake, was gone! I reeled in and only the sinker was left dangling on the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hormel is Dumb: No More Little Sizzlers

We appreciate your interest in LITTLE SIZZLERS® Sausage. Unfortunately, this item has been discontinued. We value our loyal consumers and apologize for any disappointment our decision has caused. Please visit www.hormel.com for coupons, promotions and recipes using many of our other products.

SPRUCE Project

We were lucky enough to be given a tour of the SPRUCE Project in the Chippewa National Forest, North of Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Our tour guide was W. Robert Nettles IV, SPRUCE Project Operations Manager at Oak Ridge National Laboratory . I went into the site fueled primarily by my lifetime of interest in the natural environment; as well as my interest from volunteering as a park ranger in the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge. However, by the time I was done, my interest in technology, from over 10 years as an IT professional, was thoroughly peaked! Definitely off the "beaten path," in a spruce bog in Northern Minnesota, this site boasts an incredible array of scientific equipment that is supported by an amazing technological infrastructure! There are control sites and some of the chambers have added heat, carbon dioxide, or both. A lot of equipment and experimental testing goes on 24/7, 365 days per year. These guys know their stuff. The 10 chambers are connected ...

Measles Outbreak?

The people dying from measles are unvaccinated. This is preventable. Those who are pushing misinformation are participating in the cause of these deaths.