Saturday, July 24, 2021

411 Fish Story

My friend Mike loaned me his boat yesterday. Yeah he, just told me to go have fun. My wife and son went too. The boat has this depth meter/fish finder thing. I thought it was almost like cheating! I anchored in 20' of water where I saw a parade of fish on the meter swimming by. It was 90 degrees Fahrenheit, and we were fishing deep; as most of the fish were about 16 feet down. Not much was biting except for some flies biting my ankles. I hate that! But halfway through the two hour tour, something tugged my line. I set the hook and the fight began! Luckily I had the drag set just right, because periodically this fish just took off and line bailed down deep! It was only a couple of minutes if that, and now it felt like I'd hooked a sunken truck. Then, all at once, it pulled hard and then I felt slack. Whatever giant sea monster I had hooked down in that suburban St. Paul lake, was gone! I reeled in and only the sinker was left dangling on the end.

No comments: