Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The Big Lie

I wrote less comedy over the last year. The world was less funny I guess. Or maybe I was laughing less. Things that should be gone, are coming back. And I'm not just talking about COVID-19. But it should be gone. Some want to keep it. Some don't read history--about how polio was finally beaten. Racial tensions are back. It works for the people who want to dismantle the government. The war on police is working. You can tell if you pay attention to the death toll. Even ISIS is back. Toss global warming into the mix too. You see, there are anarchists and troublemakers who use that 10% of the truth, to perpetuate their 90% of lies. And people who are uncomfortable in their own skin fall for it. For the few who don't, Cancel culture is there to terrorize them into submission.

I keep waiting to see if people will finally realize that they are following lies. Lies told for votes. Lies to manipulate. Lies to terrorize. Lies to disrupt.

Ten percent of people will understand what I'm saying. The rest will be too polarized to either see, or to acknowledge that they are too far left or too far right, to accept a truth that is actively biting them in the ass. But this polarization feeds the hate. It contributes to the decline. Society is undisciplined. Society is untruthful. Most don't even see it. They are too busy waving their banners to even question their own participation in the big lie. Let's blame racism! Let's blame science! Let's find someone to blame so WE don't have to change! Let's sink deeper into the misery.

Did I mention that we can't seem to get past even one problem anymore? Did I mention that I've written less comedy this year? -KJC

No comments: