Wednesday, August 08, 2012

What AmeriSpec Missed!

We recently purchased a home and had AmeriSpec inspect the house--including the furnace before we purchased it. The inspector said there was higher than normal Carbon Monoxide levels and we should have it "tuned-up by a professional." Well the professional said the furnace should be replaced--as the heat exchanger is cracked. He also said the inspector should have shut it down. So... why did we pay for an inspection??? I'm not happy with AmeriSpec and have asked for a refund. If that happens I'll be surprised and I will update right here _____.

Update: Debbie from AmeriSpec called to tell me that they had called attention to the furnace and it was up to us to follow-up.

My advice is to find a company that does a more thorough inspection and then stands behind it.

***New information on this issue can be found here that may improve my view of this company.

No comments: