Monday, January 05, 2015

The Holidays Were Happy!

The holidays were (mostly) happy. I did very little online, though I was able to do a little writing and editing. I’m hoping to release a new novel soon and I also have a parody/comedy I just started that’s in the works.
Over the last couple of weeks we celebrated my son’s birthday and Christmas and my mother and father in-law’s birthdays. We attended “Winter Fun Day” at the wildlife refuge and we painted our upstairs bathroom. Oh there was more, there was much more—but I just hit the highlights.
There was also some sadness. My almost uncle (my aunt’s longtime boyfriend) passed away at the end of the year. His name was Dick; and he always had a smile on his face. Last summer at a family party in the party room at his apartment building, he was giving my son rides on his mobility scooter that he used to get around on. He was a nice guy. While thinking of my other friend Dick who is also a nice guy, I realized that some of the nicest people I know are Dicks!
Well, Happy 2015 Everyone!

No comments: