Monday, June 09, 2014

Comment About Student Loan Debt

When I went to the University of Minnesota (years ago), I worked full-time and went to school part-time so I could pay my way. Not so long after I graduated, The U of M changed its policy so that part-time students would always be last to register for classes (previously it went by credits earned). The university effectively removed the method I used to get my degree and has forced students to go full-time whether they can afford it or not. This was done to increase the likelihood of students graduating in four years. This was for the outward appearances and statistics. It took no consideration of those working their way through school as I had to do. I believe this is wrong for a state school.

http://time.com/2847507/student-loan-debt-barack-obama/

No comments: