Monday, February 04, 2013

Super Bowl 47

Super Bowl 47 made me remember my brief time living out east--in Providence, RI. Growing up in the Midwest, I never thought much about organized crime--except in the movies. I realized when I was in Rhode Island, however, that the politicians, the municipal services, and such things were inefficient and questionable. The politicians often were indicted and sent to prison--only to be voted back in when they served their time. So when the Baltimore Ravens were destroying the San Francisco 49er's in a Super Bowl that had Las Vegas odds-makers clearly favoring San Francisco to win, I had to wonder if the little "mishap" with the power going off was a bit of manipulation by the Mafia. That is if one believes that organized crime has any influence on gambling.

2 comments:

Jaggibutt said...

That was San Francisco paying off the cajuns to shut the power down so they could have some time for a good cry and get their acts together and to generally freshen up a bit

Jaggibutt said...

If you go to prison, I will vote for you when you get out