Thursday, December 02, 2010

More with those Zany PublishAmerica People

Dear Kevin Curtis:

We are in receipt of your email concerning your contract for He Who Goes First. As you have indicted that you do not wish to renew the contract, your contract will expire and your book will go out of print on 3/29/2011. This email serves as your written notice of such.

Thank you and have a good day,
HannahPublishAmerica

Supporthannah@publishamerica.com
------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Kevin Curtis
Sent: Thu 12/02/10 7:59 AM
To: PublishAmerica

Just in case my previous email wasn't clear,
NO I DO NOT WANT TO RENEW MY CONTRACT.

Kevin J. Curtis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Kevin Curtis
To: PublishAmerica
Subject: RE: Contract
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 07:47:15 -0600

Hi PublishAmerica!

You guys make me laugh! In July you wanted me to pay you $99 to "return my rights."
Now you want me to sign for another 7 years!!!

The movie for my book is on hold until after my contract runs out in the Fall of 2011.

By-the-way, I heard about a couple of copies of my book that were sold that I never got royalties for. Maybe you can look into that.

Bye now,
Kevin J. Curtis

http://cutris.blogspot.com


> Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 17:23:44 -0500
> To: cutris@hotmail.com
> From: support@publishamerica.com
> Subject: Contract
>
> Dear Kevin Curtis:
> Your contract with PublishAmerica for He Who Goes First will soon
> expire. If you would like for the contract to be renewed for another
> seven years on the same terms and conditions as specified in the
> original contract, please send a signed response in reply to this
> e-mail indicating your assent to renewal. Your typewritten name at
> the end of your reply e-mail will suffice as your signature. If you
> do not reply, the contract will expire, all rights will revert to
> you, and your book will be out of print.
>
> Have a good day,
> PublishAmerica Support
> support@publishamerica.com
>

No comments: