Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ann Taylor: No Men's Couch???

I've previously blogged about my experience at Ann Taylor, waiting for my wife while she looks at clothes. Recently, I found myself being led back into this place that is so strange for any heterosexual man.

Instantly, we were asked by one of the female employees (Note* I have never seen a man working there--which is further proof that this is no place for men), if "we" needed any help finding something. I answered that I wasn't actually looking for anything. When the next employee (Note* There were about two employees for every one customer) asked if "we" had any questions, I said that I did not.

As my wife continued looking, I began to read to her aloud, the "what we believe" sign, that was hanging on the wall. What propaganda/drivel! Then, I went to find the "men's couch," that has been my refuge several times before on these expeditions. It is usually "outfitted" with some kind of magazine (one, maybe two) that would have some appeal for a man. But... alas... there was no couch!!!

Suddenly, I did have a question!!!
"What happened to the men's couch???" I asked the nearest sales woman.
She said that it had been moved into the office in the back of the store.
"I have to go back there???" I asked, (fearing what might be hidden in the depths of the Ann Taylor store--unseen by the general public).

She told me I couldn't go back there. Relieved, I said, "You need to bring the couch back!" She told me that she would let the manager know.

As my petite wife led me back out of this strange and frightening place, I shivered at the thought that the last refuge for men had been removed from Ann Taylor. It was truly, no place for men.

No comments: