Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Friendly Dogs"

As I walked back to my car from this morning's fishing, two large Labradors ran at me barking aggressively. Meanwhile the guy they arrived with was back at his truck where my car was. I know dogs and am comfortable around dogs and I stood still until the guy finally looked my direction.
"Call your dogs off!" I yelled. I heard some noise as the dogs had some sort of mechanized collars. Then the guy yelled back, "They're friendly!" My response was, "They didn't act like it." Well the guy was all smiles and asked me how fishing was. I was brief with him because let's face it, not everyone is comfortable with a large dog (or in this case two) running and barking aggressively at them. I know people who would have been terrified and he should be more careful with his "friendly dogs" in a public park.

1 comment:

LDM said...

I have been bitten by 'friendly' dogs and chased down the road a couple times while walking.