Friday, August 29, 2014

Déjà Vu - A Draft from 2/25/2010

I found this draft I  made back in February of 2010. I drew the picture (during a staff meeting) of the ALC administrators, when I worked at the school district. I decided not to publish it back then because "they" were trying to tell me I couldn't blog. Now I don't work there so here it is 4 and a half years later.

Who are these two people? I'm not particularly talented at drawing, so it could be lots of people. I drew this picture of two people, for no particular reason. The interesting part about it is that while these people may resemble certain individuals who may play a role in my daily activities, they also resemble certain individuals from my past work with the county. How is it that this unlikely duo, could reemerge in the guise of two unique, new individuals, yet share many of the same traits as those from the past?

In some ways, it is freaky. I'm in a new place in a new time and "poof!" I'm "transported back to another time and place where the names and faces are different; though the similarities are too close to ignore! Is this "déjà vu" a sign that I need to find a change? Or, maybe it is just preparing me for the inevitable changes that result when certain characteristics exert themselves unchecked on the larger environment.

Fortunately, I find that while the comfort zone may have been breached slightly, the fact remains that the underlying evil within the past is mostly absent (as I currently see it) in the present. Still, as history has a way of repeating, the resemblances are truly astounding!

No comments: