Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Check the Expiration Dates on Food!

I see this fairly often when I go shopping for food--that some of it is past the expiration date and still for sale. Recently for convenience sake I stopped at a Holiday Station Store to get milk for our baby. The gallon of milk priced at $4.59 was three days past the expiration date. So I told someone at the front counter as I walked out and drove to Aldi, where a fresh gallon of milk cost me $2.69. I sent an email yesterday to Holiday Customer Service who referred me twice until some guy who said he is the district manager said he stopped over there the next day and the milk was dated May 20 (not May 2) and it was hard to read as it wasn't printed very well. He also said there was nothing written on the markdown sheet for when they dispose of old product. Actually, it sounds pretty plausible--but I don't really believe it. I check dates on food every time I go shopping. If somehow it is true, then somebody better fix the zero printer!

No comments: