Friday, September 19, 2008

Peanut Butter Scare

We’ve all heard of food scares with such things as salmonella or toxic chemicals entering the food supply. Recently I had a scare with peanut butter. It didn’t make me sick, but it scared the crap out of me!

After buying some “natural” peanut butter, I opened the jar and had some and it was quite good. Later that night though while I slept, I was woken up to a strange sound. It was a moaning sound and I got out of bed to investigate. It seemed to be coming from the kitchen, so I turned on the light. Several times, I turned on the light and it would go off by itself!

Finally, I noticed the moaning sound was coming from my new jar of peanut butter! When I looked closely at the label, I realized I had grabbed the wrong jar by mistake! I threw the jar outside in the garbage and the strange phenomena stopped. Be careful to read the labels closely when you buy food products (see photo)!

No comments: