Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Company Loyalties Almost Always One-Sided

Very recently the HR department where I work has reinforced my belief that all of us are expendable with little exception or thought. In my case, I had an unforeseen 2-day hospital stay that has prompted the organization to demand medical records from me. This was also accompanied by information about how my benefits will be cut if I cannot work unless I pay for them out of pocket. The record of my productivity numbers are stellar, and there are certain jobs within IT that only I am trained to do. It is obvious that I will be replaced if deemed necessary. It is interesting because I was already back to work when I started receiving these communications. It is good to remember that any loyalties that we develop toward our workplaces, are almost certainly not reciprocated. Make sure to always keep your own best interests in mind.

No comments: