Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Rainbow Foods Does Bait & Switch

Years ago I stopped shopping at Rainbow Foods because when I bought something on sale I didn't get the sale price because I didn't have a rewards card. My response was that I stopped shopping at Rainbow for almost ten years--until about a year ago. Yesterday, I went to the Rainbow in Maplewood, MN to buy some chicken legs that were advertised at 98 cents per lb. and found that I could not get them at that price without a rewards card. Nothing in the advertisement said I needed to use the rewards card to get the price, but the deal was switched when I got to the store. I don't want a rewards card and to each his own--but when the sale price is contingent on me signing up for a card then I will stop shopping there again.

No comments: