Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Kevin's & Dave's Brains



Brains are so interesting. I once heard that if you didn't have a brain, you couldn't do anything! Think about that! Ha! You used your brain.


If I had to guess, I'd say it was around 16 or 17 years ago that Dave's (now grown-up) daughter, Holly drew these pictures. Dave and I had been playing music and making cable TV shows under the label of No Budget Productions. We had created many strange and wonderful songs, characters and skits. There was no doubt that both of our brains must be somewhat different from that of average people.



Kevin's & Dave's Brains

Then one day Dave discovered that his young daughter had drawn the exact diagram of each of our brains. He labeled each one, and they've been hanging on the wall of his basement (in our band practice area) ever since. The realism and exactness of these drawings still astounds me!


Click photo to enlarge.

You can see in the renderings, that Dave's brain is all over the place, yet still contained within the orange circle. My brain on the other hand, is centered near a shark fin sort of thing, yet much of it is floating unrestricted. No doubt, these features allowed Dave and I to tap into great creativity and work well together--increasing each other's potential.

No comments: