Friday, January 22, 2010

Blinded by the (HID) Light

There seem to be more of those blueish, high intensity discharge headlights on the roads these days (or more accurately, these nights). They produce more light with less power, but for those of us sharing the road with vehicles equipped with HID lights, we are often "blinded by the light."


Here is a picture of a car that was following me on the freeway. The photo doesn't do justice to the fact that I couldn't look into my rear view mirrors without being blinded!


As I drove along through the darkness with this bright blue light tormenting me from behind, I thought of an upgrade that I would like for my own car. It would be a small caliber projectile, sighted in (through cameras located on the front and back of the car) to take out one of those annoyingly bright blue lights!

I'd leave them have one, but I figure shooting out one HID light, would make those annoying things about half as bright.

"Target sighted..."

No comments: