Monday, November 12, 2007

Forces of Nature

Someone who has been causing problems for me and someone else has finally gotten what he wants. His interference and need to have power, has finally gone his way; so he thinks. What he doesn’t know is how this will ultimately play out if he doesn’t do the right thing. He is stubbornly bound to traditions that don’t belong in this century or on this continent. He has, ultimately gotten his way because he is pressuring one of his own family members into complying.

I have refused to participate because this tradition is plainly and indisputably wrong and despicable. It is, however, a matter of one’s point-of-view as seen through different cultures. At this point, all appears to have gone his way, and it is time now for him to return the favor. If he is too stubborn, the particulars of the matter will eventually be known, as I refuse to lie about it as much as I refuse to participate. Once this information gets out, the embarrassment he has been trying to avoid will come crashing down on him. I need not do anything except live by my ideals and tell the truth.

No comments: