Friday, November 16, 2007

COTTONWOOD

I have finished my latest novel, "Cottonwood."
I am planning to do another final edit, but I have begun the painstaking process of trying to find a publisher and/or an agent.
I sent out about eight inquiries yesterday. Though they all say it takes weeks or months for a reply, I was lucky enough to already receive two rejections. The first said it "didn't fit with (their) current projects." The other claimed to love historical fiction, but (this agency) doesn't represent any fiction.
I fully expect to get rejected by all of them (as is the nature of the business), but I'll keep trying.
I'm sure I could get it published through Publish America again, but I found their organization to be unwilling to do any marketing. I don't want to go that route again.

1 comment:

Beverly Welch said...

I loved your first book ("He Who Goes First") and hope you find a publisher for "Cottonwood".

I too have published a book with PublishAmerica and was also greatly disappointed at their marketing efforts.

Maybe we writers should begin a collective where we will publish and market our own books. Or, does such a collective already exist that we could join?

I will investigate. Perhaps your readers know of such an organization.