Friday, February 26, 2021

Accepted Job Offer

It was a long road back, but after applying for hundreds of jobs, often the good ones having hundreds of applicants, a former employer has offered me a job. Today I've accepted it. The mass layoffs due to the pandemic, caused (in my opinion) many IT roles to become underpaid contract jobs; with out-of-state recruiters who don't know St. Paul from Duluth... or even Dallas. It was difficult at times, to stay positive. But I'm not a newbie to these unforeseen circumstances. I'm also looking forward to my first fully remote job. To anyone still looking, don't give up. I ran my job search like a business. Recently, things changed and I was getting more interviews. I think I can even pinpoint the influx of positive energy to the day I donated blood. Good creates more good. God willing, this pandemic won't last forever. The organizations that use this time to recruit good talent with honesty and integrity, will have invested wisely in the future.

No comments: