Monday, July 30, 2018

Minneapolis Released Police Body Cam Footage

https://kstp.com/news/minneapolis-release-police-body-camera-footage-of-thurman-blevins-shooting-/5009790/?cat=1

https://kstp.com/news/protesters-interrupt-hennepin-county-attorney-mike-freeman-news-conference-thurman-blevins/5010365/?cat=

I'm convinced that Thurman Blevins would never have been shot by police if he had followed their instructions. Instead, he ran and can be seen with a gun in the video. Those who are still shouting for "justice," are not looking for justice. They are looking for revenge.

If I was to fault the officers involved, it might be that no one (in most any other job) can repeatedly shout the "F" word at someone; and perhaps they should shout "police" instead.

The last time I was pulled over by a police officer, he cited speeding as the reason but I know he was trolling for DWI arrests. When he was unable to give me either a ticket for speeding or arrest me for DWI, he began to swear at me. Then he let me go on my way. I think more professionalism was warranted. Had I reacted to his tirade, I may have been arrested that night. But I remained quiet and only answered his direct questions.

Let's not forget that police are necessary to retain law and order. It is not an easy job, nor one that I would want. When they have not done anything wrong, they should be treated with respect. This particular event should be considered resolved now.

No comments: