Monday, February 24, 2014

Winter Storm Makes Roads Dangerous

Not since the Halloween Storm of 1991, have I seen the roads as bad as they were for so long as from Friday through this past weekend. This morning, while better, the roads are still slippery in places where the ice is stuck to the pavement.

Here are two images from Friday afternoon showing the highways and freeways coated with a thick layer of ice. This is also how it looked Saturday morning when I was out.

Hwy 36 East

35E South

1 comment:

LDM said...

Friday the neighbor was stuck in our driveway(our garages face each other so she was trying to pull into her garage.) I pulled around her and got stuck.
Another neighbor came over and we shoveled and pushed. no luck she had to get towed out. Once she was gone I was able to move my car to snowblow. I tried to move it back but it was stuck again.
Ya gotta love this snow!