Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stop Shooting Children in North Minneapolis

As I watched the news story about a second (in six months) child shot while inside of his house in North Minneapolis, I could hear and feel the pain and frustration in those who spoke or tried to speak about the subject. The problem is, what can I do about it? I'm sure these angry, frustrated people don't want me to come into their neighborhood and tell them that they need to root out the people in gangs and those who kill and distribute drugs.

Why would this be a problem? Because these "bad" people live in the same neighborhoods and look like the sons, uncles, cousins, etc. of the people who are crying over the dead. The change has to come from within the groups who are harboring, producing and protecting the killers. If the shooter is someone from your family, you need to turn him in.

No comments: