Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Paint Your Countertop?

My wife and I decided to try this countertop paint from Rust-Oleum. She heard about it from watching the Nate Berkus show.

The idea is great. You can refinish the countertop without replacing it. Let me warn you, this stuff is smelly and hard to work with. Part of it went well, and the imperfections of application set almost immediately and are very unforgiving. Trying to fix these problem areas made things worse. After sanding and redoing one problem area four times, we finally got it to work pretty well.

Though this stuff sets immediately, it takes three days to cure/dry completely. So get set for a smelly kitchen that you can't use for at least several days!

I must admit, I like it now though...

1 comment:

LDM said...

I think I will try this stuff. We looked at granite countertops- I think gold countertops would be cheaper!