Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Congratulations to us all, we've come a long way. Please remember that!

President Bush was perhaps the most destructive President ever (i.e. worse than Reagan!).
First he squandered world sympathy after 9-1-1.
Then he over-extended our military into Iraq before finishing Afghanistan.
Then he deregulated some more (like Reagan) until the banks, etc., could do whatever they wanted to.
Money kept leaving the hands of the poor and funneled into the pockets of rich crooks.
Are you better off that you were eight years ago, or even four years ago???
If you are, you are the minority and very lucky.
I grew up believing my country was above torture. That belief was dashed under the Bush/Cheney administration.
There aren't that many Black candidates I can think of, who are qualified (what Jessie Jackson???) for the job, but I believe Obama is (and Colin Powell). For one, Barack Obama seems to be above the "it's all about being Black" mentality I've been seeing lately. Perhaps having a White mother has something to do with that.
Personally, I don't care if he is blue, I believe he is a good choice.
Congratulations to us all, we've come a long way. Please remember that!

No comments: