Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We are Experiencing Technical Difficulties, Please Stand By…

Today I was planning to re-image ten laptops. Then the calls came in. We are experiencing network difficulties. It is in two phases. The wireless connection is unavailable in certain areas of the building. The other issue is some PC’s in certain rooms are alternating between connected to, and not connected to the network –and back and forth. This is happening on desktops wired directly into the network.

I’m waiting for a call from the Network Administrator, who is currently investigating an error message involving a bogus virus warning. In the meantime, I have a teacher who can’t wait for the situation to be fixed, and has swapped the teacher machine for a student machine. What was “accomplished” here, is that these machines had to be reset after the teacher’s attempts to fix the problem herself. The problem is not with the PC’s, but with the network. Impatience causes more work for me.

I believe that I shall never want for something to do on this job.

No comments: