Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hair

Today was "dress alike" day at the school where I work. Myself, two teachers and an administrator (all normally "smooth heads,") spent the day looking like this.
I'm second from the right in the first picture.

I sent the following message by e-mail to my colleagues (pictured) at the end of the day.

Spending the day with rainbow hair (and a School Jersey) has really changed my life. Normally, people don't comment about my hair, unless it is to tell me that I am bald. This isn't really news, so it was nice to receive compliments about how stunning I looked!
While supervising lunch, I let three seventh grade boys know that I "don't stand for any clowning," which promptly caused them to burst out laughing. In this way, I was able to restore order.

When I was watching the main entrance, many of the visitors took notice of my new look and treated me with the utmost respect. Yes, School's Name was no doubt in good hands was what they must have been thinking. Among the many compliments I received, I had at least one marriage proposal. I told the man that I was already "spoken for."

I had considered dressing this way permanently, but I am after all, "The Bald Eagle." I will revert to my former smooth-headed self after my shift ends at 1:30PM. Thanks to my esteemed colleagues Name, Name and Name for the opportunity to be silly. One must take being silly very seriously!

No comments: