Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina

After being bombarded by horrific images of the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, I have only a few things to say.

First, the fact that after four days, help is so late in arriving makes me think that too many of our resources and personnel are in other countries fighting what has now become, another country’s civil war.

Second, I remember as a child when I found out that New Orleans was both near the ocean and below sea level, that this was probably not a good place for a city. See “Atlantis.”

Third, after working in a poor, depressed part of town, I know from experience that we can’t expect many of the people to behave in a civilized way, especially in light of the current conditions. Martial law will need to be established.

Fourth, had we stayed the course started by President Jimmy Carter, we would not be this dependent on fossil fuels. With gas now at over $3 per gallon, I want to “thank” Ronald Reagan for reversing that course. I can’t believe some people want his face on money!

Finally, to President George W. Bush… what the hell are you doing to this country??? I don’t think you are up to the task of leading us out of this mess.

No comments: