Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Seahawks Sherman Rant: Part of Bigger Problem

The stupid and immature rant by the Seahawks, Richard Sherman is part of a larger problem. I see examples of this behavior frequently from certain demographic groups--that can't be named in a politically correct context. I saw it when I worked in social services, in schools, in people walking in my neighborhood. There is a huge issue with people--including adults, acting uncivilized, violently and stupidly. We like to expect more from athletes but they are part of the overall population. Just the other day I called 9-1-1 because some of this kind of behavior erupted into a fight outside of a store as I was leaving.

As for Richard Sherman, he now says the rant was immature and he probably shouldn't have done that. I say if you remove the word "probably", that his statements are probably true. I give him credit for making a great play. Too bad he soiled it afterward.

-KJC

No comments: