Wednesday, January 29, 2014

CuTRis Gives State of the Blog Address

When I started I am CuTRis, 8 years, 7 months and 4 days ago, I hoped to showcase my writing to promote my first novel--and also to have a place to put my thoughts, opinions, humor and later, photography. Little did I know that it would continue without interruption for so long. The school district I worked at during many of those middle years, tried to shut me down as best as they could--due to paranoia that I might leak sensitive inappropriate goings on therein. The idea of Freedom of Speech is not only frightening to authoritarian governments, but to some employers as well. It was a good lesson for me, however, as I simply made sure that my ideas were no longer logged with a timestamp that corresponded to work hours. Between that and not actually naming the people I talk about (except for public figures), kept me blogging and also employed.

If you follow my blog, you may have noticed that I don't have advertising on it. I have thus far, maintained sole control over my content and have not sold-out to commercial advertising. Perhaps I am losing a source of revenue here, but I prefer that my blog is pristine and not selling crap--other than my books; which Amazon has managed to so far, keep from paying me for anyway.

The character CuTRis (my alter ego), appears often in the blog and primarily in the UnAssociated Press articles that frequent this blog. The real Kevin shows up as well; and the reader should be able to differentiate (most of the time) who is who and what is real and what is fiction. If it is confusing, I apologize. It makes total sense to me.

I hope you find something interesting or perhaps funny if you visit. Avid readers might wish to visit the link to my short stories. I enjoy receiving the occasional email from a reader or comments on my posts. I did have to resort to moderating the posts some time ago because some unscrupulous persons were trying to sell inappropriate material from my comments section.

So there you have it. The blog as it stands. If you go back in time you will notice it originally contained far less photography--as I was still using 35mm when I began this project. I also did not write any code back in 2005, but found that some basic html allowed me to increase the capabilities of the template and tools available; and this should be noticeable as the blog progressed. Since that first novel I was promoting, I have written three more, a beer making book and a children's story. I have another novel on the way that will be taking a bit of a deviation from my previous action-thriller genre. I hope you will stay tuned.

1 comment:

LDM said...

Over 8 years!
It does give me a lot of archives to sort through. I am looking forward to a tale where some of your characters interact- maybe Bastardly and Unglip?
Keep it up!

Oh by the way I have some fantastic weight loss/energy boosting/erection increasing/ youth enhancing products for sale...