Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Dangers of Warming Your Car

I don't spend a lot of time warming up my car, but I do drive slowly when I first take off when it is cold. While talking about warming up my wife's car--since she hadn't driven it for two days when it was very cold, I was reminded that in most cities, it is illegal to leave your car running with the keys in it if you are not also in it. Apparently it is too much of a temptation for someone coming along who might want to steal it. My response was that hitting people with a baseball bat who were trying to steal my car that was warming up, would be too much of a temptation for me--and that would be my defense in court for assaulting someone who entered my open garage to steal my wife's car.

1 comment:

LDM said...

It is sad that you might end up in court for hitting someone who illegally entered your home and was attempting theft. Unfortunately it is also probably reality!