Friday, January 04, 2008

Converting my paper transcript to an electronic pdf

I needed to send a college transcript for a job I applied for. I thought I would need to mail it, though there is a place to upload on the employer's website. The University has a way to access transcripts electronically, but apparently if you are "ancient" like me, they don't offer the service. So, I used the scanner here at work to scan a paper copy of my transcript. Then I saved it as .doc, even though I thought a .pdf file would be best. I found no way to convert using Adobe or any other program that I have here. I even accessed the online help and it only talked about Mac. So, I used Metacrawler to search for "convert .doc to .pdf" and found a free conversion on the WWW. So, I have now uploaded a pdf file of my transcript to the prospective employer. Whew!

No comments: