Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cloverfield -prescreen

I went to a pre-screening of the movie Cloverfield last evening. Since I saw it before most people, I thought I would review it for you.

I thought the beginning was tedious. When the action finally started, I was dizzy from the continuous bouncing of the single camera it was witnessed through. No details were revealed, since the attack was recorded by some half-wit, who decided to carry a camera with a never ending battery and tape while he was running all over Manhattan away from monsters.

I heard a few people on the way out, who thought it was "so real," due to the amature camera look -which has been done in The Blair Witch Project, and masterfully done in 84 Charlie Mopic.

Don't get too attached to the characters in this movie, as it reads like a snuff novel. All in all, it might be worth renting the video, but I would feel ripped-off if I paid full theater prices.

No comments: