Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blog Interest

I want to thank those who have taken such an interest in my blog recently. It's nice to know that you take the time to see what I'm up to. This blog started out in 2005, as a way to showcase my writing. My new novel "Cottonwood" is finished, and I am currently trying to market it.

Along the way, this blog has been teaching me valuable skills in webpage design. I'm not an HTML expert by any means, but this experience has certainly increased my knowledge significantly.

I've also become aware that certain parties can use your blog against you if you aren't careful. I generally won't write anything that I would be embarrassed to have my parents read. I also "Sanitize," or change names and information to keep others anonymous. Still, despite being protected by the first amendment of the United States Constitution, blogging is a risky venture at times. Employers and others have a habit of finding things wrong with blogging. Just the same, there are some enlightened companies that actually embrace blogging, and even dedicate server space to it.

I did some research, and many people have gotten in some kind of trouble for having the wrong things seen by the wrong people. As this is still "new" territory, the legal system will slowly sort out our rights. In the meantime, if you are a blogger, blog wisely!

No comments: