Monday, November 03, 2014

Deer Fall Crash

This morning, when it was still dark, I was driving with my son a short distance from home when I noticed a car with its hazard lights on in the middle of the road. I thought perhaps it was stalled or otherwise disabled; so I switched lanes to go around it. As I did, I noticed a second car in the opposite lane pulled over and then I wondered if the two had some sort of accident. Then as I went through the intersection, I saw a large, my guess is 10-point White-tailed buck as it was slowly walking toward my car! Just then the big animal fell straight down on the road. That was when I noticed the glass in the road as I drove on past. It was a bad morning for the person (or people) in the car that hit this animal and a worse morning for the deer who was now either dead or dying.

No comments: