Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Government Shutdown

Now on day two of the Government Shutdown, I want to voice how proud I am of our political leaders for all of their continued bickering--at the cost of our nation and people. Keep up the "good work" you guys!!! I had planned a day of hiking with my son yesterday, and it just so happens that October 1st is the first day of the fiscal year, and the bureaucrats in Washington don't like to agree about things--so the wildlife refuge where I volunteer as a park ranger is shutdown (along with all the other "non-essential" federal government services). I think all of the animals were required to leave as well. Many of them could be seen, forlornly huddled together in a few local parks--waiting for the refuge to reopen. They're still waiting... Fortunately for me, I was able to spend a wonderful day at Lebanon Hills Regional Park instead--so my day was salvaged. I hope our leaders can get their collective $hit together soon.

No comments: