Monday, May 04, 2009

Weekend Hikes

My wife and I did a lot of hiking this weekend. We went to the Mendota area (near Fort Snelling), where the Minnesota and Mississippi rivers converge. This was the center of the world to the native people. We also went to Wood Lake Nature Center and Legion Lake in Richfield. Here are a few pictures.


Bluebird


Great Blue Heron


At the Center of the Earth


Mississippi River


White-tail at Fort Snelling


Turtles


Red-winged Blackbird


Cooper's Hawk


Common Egret

1 comment:

debbie schmidt said...

Excellent photos!!! Thank you for those. I have a feeling I'll be hiking around the river bottoms with Michael this summer, so I'll try to take some of my own and be sure to share them with you. What a blast! You saw alot, and looks like you had a great time doing it. Right on!
Best to you,
Debbie