Thursday, May 07, 2009

Coffee is my Spinach...

Remember Popeye the Sailor Man? After eating a can of spinach, he would suddenly become strong! Of course, it was probably a way to try to get kids to eat spinach, which while excellent fresh, leaves a "little to be desired" from the can. Yet I have found a similarity between Popeye's spinach, and coffee!

Last night my second job doing live, government television kept me out kind of late. I was more tired than usual this morning, but after an extra dose of coffee (i.e. two cups instead of one), I seem to have found additional energy! Somehow I've never found the same reaction from spinach...

Of course, tonight I will be extra tired and falling asleep early (especially if I am watching TV). It seems that the stimulating effects of coffee and spinach can't last forever.

No comments: