Saturday, October 03, 2020

COVID-19 and Anti Maskers

From my vantage point, it seems the anti-mask people are now being infected by COVID-19 in more alarming numbers. It isn't just the President. A friend's cousin in the Dakotas is in a coma clinging to life. Even more alarming is the mask is supposed to keep others around you safe. If people refuse to wear them, like the now infected people around the President, the pandemic will rage on. Yesterday I went to a Cub foods in St. Paul. It was a quick trip. Yet, I saw four individuals scattered throughout the store without masks. I couldn't help but notice--since I had just watched a news story about African-Americans being disproportionately affected by the virus, all four were black. I hurried past, to remove myself from the area; wondering if they didn't care, or if they were hoping to incite trouble. Surely they saw the sign on the door while coming in requiring masks to enter. Whatever the reason, I wanted to remove myself from that place immediately. It's time to be responsible.

No comments: