Friday, October 30, 2020

Amazon COVID-19 Writers Block

Since my layoff, I've been writing a novel and also my annual children's book; which is my son's Christmas present. Both books are about COVID-19. Today when I went into my Amazon publishing account, I found that my children's book has been blocked. After much difficulty contacting anyone I found that Amazon is blocking all books related to COVID-19. They don't come out and say that anywhere, but I did finally get to speak to someone who verified this.

The children's book features a little boy from Minnesota; and breaks the virus and reactions to it into "pieces" that are easily understood.

It is disappointing that I can't publish, but more disappointing that this gift to my son has been blocked by an unforeseen and unforgiving business decision. -KJC

No comments: