Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Want To Get Rich Writing Books?

Get this... Createspace (where I make my paperback books) is an Amazon company. But somehow, Amazon is selling the book(s) cheaper than Createspace is. If people buy through Amazon (and why shouldn't they?), I get next-to-nothing for a royalty--where if they buy it from Createspace (and pay more), I get much more.

I believe the "machine" is designed to make money. Unfortunately it is also designed so that I (the author) don't make any.

Thank you Amazon for selling my books.

Thanks a lot Amazon, for making sure I don't make any money from book sales.

Just an FYI -- between fees, minimum amounts and creative pricing/royalty policies, I have yet to be paid for any of my book sales. But to be fair, if I ever sell millions of copies, some of that money will eventually trickle down to me!

It's a good thing that I'm not in it for the money!

-KJC

No comments: