Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fun Stuff About Being an Old Guy!

As I have entered "the west side" of my life, I have developed (along with the aches and pains) a new sense of confidence I never had before. It comes from experience and "knowing things." I know more things than ever before, even if I forget that one actor's name... from that movie... you know the one!

Fun Stuff About Being an Old Guy!

1. I don't worry about being bad at guitar or that my band isn't good. We've been doing whatever it is we do for so long, we're pretty good.

2. Fighting: Old guys hardly ever need to get into a physical fight. If we do and we lose, the other guy "beat-up an old guy!" If we win, we're "a tough old guy!"

3. Knowing our job: I've had so many jobs and done so many things, I know my job pretty well. In fact, I might know your job too!

4. I don't worry about how I look to women. I look pretty good for an old guy, and I have a hot wife!

5. Old guys don't need to pretend to be impressive. Most old guys are impressive already, because they've been through a lot of stuff young guys are still learning.

6. Being on time: Old guys know that you always "pad" timing. If it takes an hour, tell "them" it will take two. If you finish early, you're fast! If you run into trouble, you have an extra hour! Here's a hint, I had an outside technician come in to help me with something. Not only was I able to show him why one of his connections wasn't working (with my old guy knowledge), I also told him my quitting time was 15 minutes earlier than my actual quitting time. The result was, he left at the earlier time, and I had time to shutdown, closeup and still get off of work on time! Are old guys smart or what???

Oh there's more! I can't tell you everything right now, because I forgot some of it...

No comments: