Thursday, June 26, 2008

United States Federal Government Job

This morning I attempted to apply for a United States Government job.

First, the online application demanded my Social Security number, which I will not give out in an initial application. In fact, you are not required to due to potential identity theft. Still, some companies as well as the federal government demand it upfront. I believe denying your application because of this constitutes a violation of personal rights.

Second, the online system added ( ) – to the phone number entry and simultaneously asked that I input numbers only. The numbers would not fit into the characters present, and they took up the spaces I needed to add my phone number.

Third, when I contacted the person via email listed for questions, I was refused an application by mail or my request to talk to the department head. Have my rights been violated by my own country?

Bottom-line, do it the way they want you to, not the legal, ethical way.
If you do not, you don’t get the job.
Could this be why the government is so poorly run?

No comments: